10 Funny Youtube Videos About Scandinavia
Below is a selection of 10 most funny videos on Youtube that come with a humorous approach towards all the stereotypes concerning Scandinavia, the Scandinavian states, their history, and culture.
While some of these might not be found that pleasant by some people (most notably, perhaps, the natives themselves), please keep in mind that the main concepts that revolved around their production were comedy and ingenuity. As such, they must be treated as mere pamphlets and not otherwise.
That being said, here’s the top:
10. ‘To Norway, home of giants’ (1979) (uploaded on Youtube on 5 January, 2014 by The Monty Python Museum) – a short film produced by the entertainment department of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK – Norsk rikskringkasting) to compete in the Montreux Festival Rose D’Or in 1979, narrated by none other than Monty Python’s John Cleese.
9. ‘This is Norway’ (uploaded on Youtube on 6 October, 2007) – a parody regarding all the stereotypes about Norway
8. ‘Danish language’ (uploaded on Youtube on 31 August, 2006) – from a Norwegian TV show called ‘Ut i Vår Hage’
7. ‘More Danish language’ (uploaded on Youtube on 28 September, 2007) – from the very same Norwegian TV show ‘Ut i Vår Hage’
6. ‘BÖRK’ (uploaded on Youtube on 18 August, 2014) – a country ball parody involving Sweden
5. Monty Python’s sketch ‘Norwegian party’ (uploaded on Youtube on 30 October, 2006) – a parody concerning Norwegian politics in gibberish Norwegian.
4. Norway 200 years! – (Danish language explained) (uploaded on Youtube on 11 May, 2014 by Eskild Fors) – a parody on how Norway became independent of Denmark.
3. ‘All you need to know about Reykjavik, Iceland’ (uploaded on Youtube on 25 June, 2013 by Arnór Dan Arnarson) – although not located in Scandinavia proper, Iceland must still be mentioned while we’re at it, so here’s a parody about its capital city, Reykjavík.
2. ‘Swedishness’ (uploaded on 20 May, 2013) – a parody about Sweden
1. ‘Mr Bean funny video: English humour in Norway’ (uploaded on Youtube on 9 November, 2011 by The AD Show) – a 1994 Norwegian commercial for Rema 1000.